McLaren has become the first team to fully reveal their 2014 F1 car. Photos of the MP4-29 in the McLaren Technology Centre were displayed online just before 12:00 GMT today.
The car features the narrow nose that is unfortunately likely to be the distinguishing characteristic of most 2014 Formula One cars. It’s notable that the space on the car occupied in recent years by Vodafone has not been filled by another sponsor. Either there is not yet a new title sponsor or McLaren are waiting for a later date to reveal it.
The press release issued by McLaren includes comments from Jonathan Neale and Sam Michael, but not from last year’s team principal Martin Whitmarsh, fuelling the idea that Whitmarsh is on the way out in a management shake-up that has already seen Ron Dennis return to the role of McLaren Group CEO. There are rumours the Whitmarsh will be replaced by Eric Boullier, who has left the position of Team Principal of Lotus.
The car will hit the track for the first time on Tuesday in Jerez, Spain. The MP4-29 will be driven by Jenson Button and Kevin Magnussen over the four days of the test.
Next F1 Race
- @JennieGow Switched from Damon Hill to Michael Schumacher during 1996. Nothing against Hill. He was a worthy champi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- @DlaminiZuma If you wish to communicate, please do so succinctly. Right now you are just rambling on TV 1 month ago
- @AdriaanBasson @DrZweliMkhize @GovernmentZA Is this how we find out which ministers have dogs and which don't? 2 months ago
- Very proud to have @CyrilRamaphosa as my president. Thank you sir for taking decisive action when it is needed #proudlySouthAfrican 2 months ago
- RT @PalliThordarson: 1/25 Part 1 - Why does soap work so well on the SARS-CoV-2, the coronavirus and indeed most viruses? Because it is a s… 2 months ago