Bernie’s lawyers: Thou shalt not Tweet!
Bernie Ecclestone’s legal team has forbidden the F1 supremo to make use of Twitter, fearing the consequences of Ecclestone speaking his mind in a public forum.
Ecclestone could face charges in Germany for allegedly bribing convicted banker Gerhard Gribkowsky during the sale of the F1 commercial rights to CVC Capital a few years ago. In that light, and considering that Ecclestone has never had a problem with saying what he thinks publicly, it is fairly obvious and quite sensible for his lawyers to ban him from Twitter. The consequences of a misguided Tweet could be catastrophic.
It is unfortunate that Bernie is not likely to be seen on Twitter any time soon. There is a strong Formula One contingent in social media, with all of the teams, many of the drivers and other team personnel and millions of F1 fans using the platform every day. Bernie would be welcome in the Twittersphere, but alas that seems impossible at the moment.
About Chris Cameron-DowI'm fanatical about racing. Driving, watching, following, analysing, everything.
Next F1 Race
- RT @FIA_F2: Look ma, no hands! 👐 That was quite a save for @SchumacherMick! #AbuDhabiGP 🇦🇪 #F2 https://t.co/eywalp16d9 1 week ago
- @HermaineM Stop telling strangers on the internet what to do... 1 week ago
- @kathrynrosie Yup. Emotions on demand. Perform for the sympathetic people 1 week ago
- RT @Charles_Leclerc: I'm extremely happy to announce that I'll now have my own karting brand. I started racing 18 years ago dreaming of For… 1 month ago
- RT @HillF1: Was this really me? Oh yes it was! Beating the best driver in the world in the wet on three new tyres and one knackered old one… 1 month ago